Access Statement for Ty Taf Fechan
Ty Taf Fechan is located in a rural part of the Brecon Beacons, 6 miles north of Merthyr Tydfil and 2 miles north of the village of Pontsticill, adjacent to the Pontsticill and Pentwyn reservoirs. We are located in a very rural setting. The area is perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and cycling and mountain biking. Other attractions in the area include the Brecon Beacons mountain railway and the county town of Brecon.
We have two rooms for guests, one twin/double with private bathroom and a further double bedroom with en-suite. There are no ground floor bedrooms. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01685 371176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are located 2 miles north of Pontsticill in the Brecon Beacons.
- For full instructions on how to reach us, please see the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website www.tytaffechan.com . This section has an interactive map for you to see where we are or to plan your route. Alternatively, to get directions, type in our postcode, CF48 2UR, into your Sat Nav.
- The nearest train station is in Merthyr Tydfil. It has regular connections to Cardiff.
- The nearest bus route to us stops at Pontsticill, but it is an irregular service, and you are not advised to use it.
- Cardiff airport is 45 minutes by car. Many airlines operate from Cardiff.
- There are no shops in the area. The nearest shops, banks, medical facilities and restaurants are in Merthyr Tydfil.
- There are two pubs in Pontsticill for eating out and we will provide transport to and from the pubs. The local pubs do not do food after 4pm on Sundays.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but of course do welcome assistance dogs.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is a large area available for parking on the private driveway. Visitors’ cars and taxis are able to drive into the property.
- Access to the property is only via the driveway. There is a fence around the property, and a wooden gated fence between the house and the paddock.
- There is a light outside the front door for anyone arriving at night. The driveway is laid with small stones.
- Access to the stairs is through the 1520mm (5’) wide double doors into the lounge area. Entry to the converted church is through a 180mm (7“) high step and an arched doorway 1370mm (4’7”) wide into a tiled nave. There is no handrail. There is then a 50mm (2”) step down into the reception and dining area.
- There is plenty of seating available in this area.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and windows giving plenty of light.
- As this is an historic building and interesting architecturally, we would be pleased to show guests around the property.
- We are happy to help carry luggage to the rooms.
- Bedroom 1 has a king sized bed 680mm (27”) high with access both sides and an ensuite shower room. This room has a large arched window with curtains to the floor, and a window that has a blackout blind with views to the hills. The walls are white and the ceiling is sloping with black beams. The bedroom has dark laminate flooring, with slip resistant rugs each side of the bed.
- Bedroom 2 has twin zip and link beds 680mm (27”) high which can be made into a superking double. This bedroom has a central light and lamps on each bedside unit, as well as light flooding in from two windows fitted with blackout blinds. Adjacent to bedroom 2 is a private bathroom with bath and shower facilities.
- Our beds are normally made up with duvets but sheets and blankets can be provided if requested. In each bedroom there is a central light and lamps on each bedside unit. Each bedroom has a sofa and coffee table, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and tea/coffee making facilities. Each bedroom has satellite tv with a widescreen flat HD television. Bedroom 1 also has a DVD player.
- The ensuite shower room in bedroom 1 is accessed via a 720mm (28”) door. The walls are white and there is a sloping wall with beams. There is a central light but also a large window with views to the hills. Inside the shower room there is a wc, shower cubicle, heated towel radiator, towel rail, waste bin and a 880mm (35”) high washbasin and vanity unit. There is a large mirror and a light with an electric shaving facility. The shower room has anti slip linoleum and a bathmat outside the shower. The wc is 430mm (17”) high. The shower is accessed by a 250mm (10”) step. It is 900mm square, with a 620mm (24”) wide doorway. The shower head height is adjustable and there is a non slip mat inside the shower.
The bathroom adjacent to bedroom 2 is accessed via a 720mm (28”) door. The wc is 410mm (16”) high. The bath is 610mm (24”) high. The shower is attached to the wall and the height is adjustable. This bathroom also has a 790mm (31”) high washbasin, a heated towel radiator, towel rail, bin, mirror and light with an electric shaving facility. This bathroom has non slip linoleum. Inside the bath is a non slip mat, and there is a bathmat on the floor.
Public Areas (Stairs, Landings, etc)
- All public areas are well lit.
- The stairs are carpeted.
- The house is fully centrally heated but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit requirements.
- There is a carbon monoxide alarm on the landing.
- The dining room is situated off the Nave on the ground floor. There are three doorways into the dining room –from the nave, the lounge and the kitchen. There is level access from the lounge, and a 50mm (2”) step from the nave. There is no public access allowed in the kitchen. It has oak flooring, and is well lit by a central light and a large window allowing natural light. There is seating for 6 at a large wooden table. We offer a full cooked breakfast, a continental style breakfast, and an alternative breakfast for vegetarians. We offer table service to our guests. The crockery contrasts with the colour of the tablecloth.
- The nearest toilet for guests is in their bedroom or the landing upstairs, but an alternative private WC can be offered if necessary.
- Guests are welcome to use the garden, which is accessed via the front door and driveway. Guests may also use the private ‘Japanese’ garden where there is a picnic bench and comfortable seating on a raised deck. Smokers may use this area, as smoking is not permitted in the property.
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions posted on the back of the guest room doors and in the information folder.
- We have a variety of maps and guides for walking which we are happy to make available.
- We have storage facilities for golfers, cyclists and walkers. These are all stored at the owner’s risk.
- We have a bike cleaning and washing area.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes and dislikes. Please advise us before your arrival.
- We can refrigerate prescription medicine and store any perishable food in our fridge for a limited period.
- There is no mobile phone service from the property. Guests can use the landline phone if necessary.
- Limited use of broadband internet (eg: checking emails etc) is available on request.
- We cannot accept dogs except Assistance dogs. There is ample room to exercise these dogs, and we can provide water bowls.
- Please note there is a cat on the property.
- Check in time 4:00pm, check out time 10:00am, although we can be flexible with this.
- We are not VAT registered.
- We have no debit or credit card facilities.
- This is a non smoking house.